We love our furry friends, but let’s face it: When you have a pet, you’d better be prepared for messes, overturned water bowls and scratches.
Luxury Vinyl Flooring is one of the best choices here, because it’s so durable. It can stand up to anything, even pull-toys, which is good to know if you have kids. (In fact, it’s often recommended for playrooms.)
Most of this flooring type is waterproof, or at least water-resistant, which makes it ideal for installation in any room in the house.
Just be sure not to go for those bargain-basement prices, because in this instance, thickness really does matter. It’s made from multiple layers and there’s a clear plastic wear layer on top. That’s the one that adds protection from scratches, and it can’t be walked off. But make sure you have the thickest one possible, because the thicker it is, the greater the protection.
Also note, the cheaper versions will be water-resistant, as opposed to 100 percent waterproof.
Please feel free to come into the Integrity Plus Floors showroom in Murrieta, CA, so our flooring pros can show you how great it can be.
The Evolution of Luxury Vinyl Flooring
Vinyl flooring was first introduced in the 1930s, and technology has made it come a long way, baby!
When the luxury version first came to market, it was only available in sheet form, but now it’s available in two additional ones: Luxury vinyl tile, which comes in individual pieces and looks like tile or stone, and luxury vinyl plank which looks like, you guessed it, wood.
Other advantages include:
● Style, especially with the various forms, colors and patterns.
● Easy to maintain: Just sweep or damp mop every day; for more thorough cleaning, use a gentle soap that’s especially formulated for vinyl floors. Check with your flooring retailer for a manufacturer-approved one.
● Easy installation: This flooring can be installed over anything: wood, tile, linoleum, concrete, even uneven subfloors. You can use either the glue-down method or a “click-and-lock” system. Both have their own pros and cons, so be sure to discuss this thoroughly with your flooring retailer.
● Warm and soft: That makes it easy to walk and stand on, not to mention how appreciative your feet will be stepping onto soft warmth first thing in the morning!
● Easy replacement: If you are using the tile or plank form, you only need to replace those pieces and not the entire floor. Just be sure to save a little extra from the original installation.
The family-owned Integrity Plus Floors has become the preferred flooring company of Southern California. The company carries a fully-stocked inventory of carpet, hardwood, stone, laminate, and, of course, luxury vinyl flooring.